Friday, December 28, 2007

Nomenclature

While I'm not entirely sure that anyone will ever actually read this blog, I still want to make it a collaborative experience for whoever might. First order of business, settle on a title. I'm entirely ok with Found In Transition, but in a fit of boredom brought on by a training lecture that boiled down to the "who wants to win the El Camino" speech from Glengarry Glen Ross, I came up with a few snazzy alternatives for which I would more than appreciate some comment feedback loving:

Boomerang Tales -- google "Boomerang Generation" and it all makes sense

The Outlander -- an artsy self description as well as a pun on The Inlander, Spokane's alternative weekly paper and one of the few instances in which local culture transends the level of "Bodine! Stop touchin' yer sister's cooter and come watch the Springer!"

Someday In SoCal -- Reflects my love of all things LA and my latent dream of living there and working as an entertainment journalist, studio bigwig, or whorish celebutante.

Someday On Sunset -- just like the last one, really.

Twentysomewhat -- I'm a big fan of this one.

Out Of The Basement -- Nurtures my sense of superiority over those my age who live in their parents' basements. I live on their second story, dammit!

Idahomeboy -- Because we all have a little white rapper in us somewhere.

Choose My Own Adventure -- Also a fan. These books were a definite highlight of childhood.

And lastly, my tribute to the northwest,

I'm With Sasquatch.

Update: Along with the addition of celebrated co-author John comes the executive decision to dispense with the democracy and just go with twentysomewhat, barring any hatred of the name by said co-author. I'm keeping the rest of the post intact because the word cooter is freaking hillarious.

1 comment:

Daniel Silberberg said...

Personally, I'd be in favor of "Yer Sister's Cooter".